I am excited to be participating in 23 Things. One of my colleagues participated in the first course you offered and I was fascinated by all the new "things" she learned. While I consider myself pretty functional with technology, I know that there are many things out there that I have only heard of but don't quite understand. I'm looking forward to learning about and utilizing many of those things during the course.
I always viewed blogs as outlets for people to share pictures of their families and tell what they've been up to. In creating a blog, I began to think how I could best use it in my job. In my role, it is expected that I share ideas, lessons and resources with the K-8 teachers in the district. I've decided that using a blog might be the way to go. My blog is in its infancy stage. I'm not too sure what I want to include. I do know I will add a link section - to share some of the more beneficial sites that I'd like to see teachers visit. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions!
I had trouble creating my avatar at first. I actually kept referring back to the instructions repeatedly because the yahoo page didn't have all the tabs it was supposed to. After over two hours, I finally gave up. I tried again the next day and the page had all the tabs. Not sure what happened, but I was finally able to create my avatar!
Ready to move onto Thing 3!
Great to see you up and running! Your experience with the avatar certainly points up the challenges of technology -- your strategy to leave it and then try again later is something we've learned to do as well -- some days you just have to let it go!
ReplyDelete