This blog is intended to be a resource for teachers of math and parents of students learning math.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Thing 4
After reviewing the different homepage services, I decided to go with Pageflakes. After looking at the comparisons, it seemed that Netvibes and Pageflakes were rated the highest. What they had to offer seemed similar enough - based on the little that I know. My final decision was that I liked the look and layout of Pageflakes best. I included my calendar, email, Facebook, Boston Red Sox News, Bruce Springsteen news, YouTube, Itunes top 25 and weather. When setting up my homepage, I'm obviously in summer mode. I immediately chose widgets that don't really relate to education. In preparing my reflection, I went back and started to look for education widgets and pagecasts that might be helpful. I wasn't really able to find ones that I felt would be all that helpful right away. I did add the delicious link - since I heard it will be helpful. I guess I'll find that out soon enough. Any suggestions for widgets or pagecasts to add that will be helpful in my teaching role?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your homepage should be for YOU - with the items that you want and need to use online - if you choose to add links or bookmarks to educational sites, then great. But, if this is your oasis to the Internet, then use it as such! Additions to your homepage will FIND you - I promise that as you continue, you will discover some tools that you will want on your Pageflakes site.
ReplyDeleteHave fun
Joan