This blog is intended to be a resource for teachers of math and parents of students learning math.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Thing 13
I chose to create my account in Diigo for a couple of reasons. First of all, the screen interface actually seemed more user friendly than Delicious. Also, while I'm still just beginning to understand and try out social bookmarking, Diigo seems to have more capabilities that I may be interested in at a later time. I loved the idea of being able to highlight and use Sticky Notes. I don't often like reading text from the Internet. I usually have to print articles an information out so that I can mark it up. I feel that by using this site, I won't have to always print information. I can highlight what's necessary on the computer and have it at my disposal. I plan on using bookmarking on my blog. I plan on having valuable sites available for parents to explore. I can also see using social bookmarking to share great sites with my colleagues both in an outside of Newington. (I have already found some great sites that Terri shared in the K-8 Group.) By tagging, I can tag sites that can be used as resources for teachers and tag other sites that teachers can use with students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You sound like you are becoming a true "techie" - can't wait to see what you will put together for your students!
ReplyDeleteJoan
PS - my new laptop has its own "sticky notes" feature - I use it all the time!